SGL Co-packing Limited is a leading UK provider of high quality contract packing and contract manufacturing services.
The business was established as a contract packer in Nelson, Lancashire, United Kingdom in 1986. It was originally known as Strategy Group Limited.
The company grew steadily for 18 years serving blue-chip companies. Then, in 2004, Link Logistics saw an opportunity to purchase and develop the business offering a complete solution for packing, storage and transport. In 2008 both Link Logistics and Strategy Group were acquired by The Keswick Enterprises Group.
Keswick immediately set about a programme of substantial investment in the business. In 2013, the company was rebranded as SGL Co-packing Limited and given a new visual identity connecting it more closely with the Group.
Today, SGL Co-packing is a full-service co-packing and co-manufacturing specialist. Our major markets include retailers and producers/suppliers of confectionery, crisps, cereals, biscuits, snacks, other dry foodstuffs, pet care, cosmetics/personal care and leisure/entertainment.
Still located in Nelson, we operate from two purpose-built (25,000 and 16,000 sq ft) facilities on the Lomeshaye Industrial Estate
, next to the M65 Motorway. Equipped with automated, semi-automated and manual lines, our facilities allow us to provide a full and flexible range of packing solutions including flow-wrapping, bagging, cartoning, pot-filling, clip-stripping and assortment packing.
We offer multi-head weighing systems in segregated packing areas, plus a wide variety of other automated and semi-automated packing equipment. We also have two purpose-built air-conditioned clean rooms, providing nut-free, nut-trace and allergen-control packing services.
One of SGL Co-packing's packing facilities at Nelson, Lancashire, in the UK
Please click here for a quick summary of our service benefits
- Total project management one-stop shop for bespoke, cost-effective co-packing and co-manufacturing services
- Responsiveness and flexibility customers can flex capacity to respond rapidly to changes in consumer demand
- High service standards and superb customer support along with the highest safety standards
- Commitment to quality and reliability investment in training and development, plus continuous improvement in production, systems and quality
- Quality management a fully documented and implemented HACCP system
- Extensive expertise in technical solutions for increased efficiency and reduced unit costs as well as manual packing
- Efficient production/processes for short or long production runs
- Track record of innovation and investment over £2 million ploughed back into sophisticated packing equipment and systems since 2011 alone
- High levels of management expertise, skills, professionalism and support with nominated account management
- R&D support/ideas experience of developing primary and secondary packaging for new products/promotions
- All necessary food processing accreditations plus Marks and Spencer co-packing approval
- Specialised clean-room operations on site
- Strong base of blue-chip FMCG customers
We work for some of the best known and most respected FMCG companies in the UK including Premier Foods, Kinnerton Confectionery, Raisio, Kelloggs and Ryvita. We also provide contract packing and contract manufacturing services for retailers' own-label products. We have a reputation for high service standards and low costs.
SGL Co-packing specialises in the development of new products and promotions. We can assist with the design and supply of both primary and secondary packaging, and have the flexibility to adapt to new and innovative manufacturing and packing processes for reduced costs and increased productivity.
In 2012 and 2013 we were presented with the UK Performance Focus Initiative Award by a major FMCG chocolate manufacturer, as one of its top-ranking suppliers. In addition we have Marks and Spencer co-packing approval.
We also have BRC Global Standards for Food Safety certification, plus Organic Farmers & Growers and Sedex registrations. Full environmental and recycling policies are in place.
The co-packing industry is changing fast as manufacturers seek ever greater efficiencies, and focus more on total costs across the supply chain rather than a simple rate-per-item or rate-per-box. Enhanced traceability standards are demanding upgraded systems and technologies. And complexity is rising with the explosion of packaging formats, materials and sizes.
Co-packing is of strategic importance to our customers. A reliable co-packing partner can provide the flexibility to respond rapidly to changing consumer demand, or a fast start-up to a high standard. We believe that successful co-packers and co-manufacturers will be those that adapt quickly to these changes.